Thursday, September 5, 2013

wednesday 9/4/2013

Ava is tolerating the nitric oxide wean very well today. She will be completely off it by tomorrow. We may just avoid the heart cath yet. She will get an echo tomorrow. When I came in this afternoon the therapist was working with her. She was all smiles for the therapist. I loved watching it. Then, of course, she was all worn out and slept in my arms for most of the time I was there. The therapist said that she wants to get a swallow evaluation next week when Ava is down to at least 2L of flow on the nasal cannula. I think her oxygen flow will be easily weaned after the nitric is off. She has been breathing really well. 

2 comments:

  1. What great news that she is breathing well and there is improvement! Thanks for updating the blog frequently...It is probably hard to do so with how busy you are! I bet I speak for everyone though when I say it is so nice to be able to follow everything that is going on with sweet Ava and to see how she's doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy she is doing good...she is such a beautiful baby and fierce fighter..

    ReplyDelete