Friday, November 22, 2013

November 22nd. Poor Prognosis

We had another "meeting." Since the last one wasn't horrible, I wasn't as worried. This was a whole new set of doctors and fellows and this one was horrible. I have decided that I will not attend another one of these. Apparently I was not clear last time that I do not appreciate these "give up now" meetings. I am going to talk to the social workier monday to let her know that I will not be tricked into feeling safe going into these meetings. You either have a meeting to discuss her care going forward or not at all. If you need to tell me sometng bad then you come into Ava's room and just tell me. You don't wait until Friday when Shaun is here just so 12 people can listen to the the liver doctor beat the dead horse telling us how bad the prognosis is. They had to have a secret meeting before the meeting which I also did not appreciate. If you are discussing my daughter or plan of care, then I have every right to listen to every word. 

What I hope doesn't happen is that doctors push to try things when Ava isn't ready or not suggest another treatment in the interest of hurrying up the process.


2 comments:

  1. "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. " Romans 8:28.and No weapons formed against Ava shall prosper in the name of Jesus, Amen.


    <<


    <


    =
    =


    >

    And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.


    <<


    <


    =
    =


    And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.


    <<


    <


    =
    =


    >



    >>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I was able to meet you this morning at breakfast! I am so sorry for what you are going through and I hope that by knowing some of us closer to you, you will reach out to us! I am hear for you and your family in whatever way you need! Whether that's babysitting, listening to you, a shoulder to cry on, a person to scream at, someone to buy your groceries, etc… whatever you need! Love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete