Tuesday, June 11, 2013

monday 6/10/2013

Nothing happened The consulting that was supposed to happen between physical/speech therapy and surgery didn't happen. I got there at the end of shift when my parents got to town, so I couldn't nag anyone either. Ava is managing her secretions better. Her oxygen had to be bumped up a couple times. She had one desaturation (low oxygen) spell with pretty severe bradycardia (slow heart rate), that she recovered from on her own. It lasted about 40 seconds. I wasn't there for that.

On another note- The Ronald McDonald ROOM opened up at the hospital today. It is beautiful. The hospital is only providing the space and maybe some laundry services but it is funded by the Ronald McDonald organization. They even have a free laundry room and soap, so I can quit sending my laundry back to Idaho Falls which I am sure Shaun will appreciate. The downside is that there are only 4 tables with 4 chairs in the kitchen and they are serving meals every night. California Pizza Kitchen catered/ donated last night, and they fed at least 75 people. They had to go back to the restaurant to get more food after the first 10 minutes. Then they ran out of food again when they brought it back. The room also has day time napping rooms with real beds that can be checked out. The kitchen is the fanciest thing I've seen. All stainless steel high end commercial appliances.

I call this one "milk face" She was drooling after getting drops of milk on her pacifier. I cleaned her face and got another picture, but I still think this is cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment