Wednesday, June 19, 2013

wednesday 6/19/2013

No changes today. I am still not allowed to hold Ava because of the chest tube, which is ok with me. I only wanted to hold her if I could be a calming source, but given her pain, I am pretty sure that holding her would not make a difference. She had about 30 minutes of severe pain today, the worst the nurse or I had seen. She got an extra dose of morphine and an extra dose of versed, and the NP was called and ordered an extra dose of ativan as well, which she wound up not needing by the time it was ready.  Everything else is the same. Pray that her esophagram tomorrow is perfect and she can get this dang painful chest tube out.

1 comment:

  1. oh sweet baby girl, I am praying constantly for all of you. Know god will hold her while you can't Amber, praying for wisdom and guidance for all her healthcare providers!

    ReplyDelete