Wednesday, July 24, 2013

wednesday 7/24/2013

Ava is looking good today. She was struggling a bit to breathe this morning so they switched her from the high flow nasal cannula to CPAP which puts pressure into her lungs to help keep them expanded. She doesn't like it much because she gets a lot of air in her belly and a lot of air blows out her mouth. I think she has more secretions with the CPAP too, BUT it's necessary right now. This evening they were working on weaning the nitric oxide that goes in with the oxygen and wean the number of breaths per minute the CPAP was giving. I didn't think she tolerated that weaning well. I'm guessing they had to bump something up after I left. I hate leaving by the way, especially when she is awake looking for someone to "talk" to. She is such an alert little baby, and for that I am super thankful. She is on day 6 of the 10 days of antibiotics since the negative culture. After the antibiotics and after her lungs are doing much better, we will schedule heart surgery-scary! I'm not sure when we'll start feeds again, but they don't seem real eager yet. She still doesn't seem to be moving things through to her colostomy bag yet. At least the bag should have some air in it. Oh I go the cutest pictures today. She doesn't smile often lately so I was pretty proud to capture it. 
TThis darn CPAP constantly blows bubbles out of my mouth. 

1 comment:

  1. It's all worth it for that smile, isn't it?! Yay! Our LO had a hard time coming of the nitric. Just that last little bit was sooo hard! So they put her on Sildenafil to get her off. She stayed on it for like a year, but she's off of it now. It helped for sure.

    ReplyDelete