Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thursday 10/10/2013

New doc on today. We have a short term plan, finally, even more aggressive than I anticipated. Ava should be on full feeds by Saturday. So far she is tolerating the feed changes just fine. I thought she would. I am going to try and connect with the surgery fellow tomorrow to see what criteria he would like met in order to be able to schedule Ava for the g-tube surgery. I imagine he'll want her off oxygen, and for her cold symptoms to be improved. She is still pretty congested. She is in a good mood most of the time. She whines when she's bored, but other than that is happy all day. She slept the entire time I was visiting this afternoon, so I went back about bedtime and the nurses made an effort to keep her awake for me since I called to say I was coming. I got about 15 minutes of awake time, then she fell asleep in my arms. It was worth the drive for the 15 minutes.    The clonidine was weaned from every 8 hours to every 12. Her blood pressures are high again (I hate this med!). It has to be weaned super slow because of the affect on blood pressure. I think it was a really pointless drug to prescribe for a heart patient.    I was told today that the nurses no longer hear her heart murmur. I am wondering if she outgrew the second, smaller vsd/hole in her heart that wasn't repaired. I'm not sure. Cardiology was notified of the change. 

for my benefit:
nj 12  ng 17
0100 nj-10 ng-19
0700 nj-8  ng-21.       10/11/13. friday
1300 nj-6  ng-23
1900 nj-4  ng-25
0100 nj-2  ng-27
0700 nj-0.  ng-29    10/12/13.   saturday.  FULL Continuous NG feed!

  Ava is 12 pounds now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment